Chair: Thomas Shimotake (2022-2024)
The Conference Planning Committee is responsible for developing and executing CAN's Annual Conference, "Cool Topics in Neonatology," held in March of every year.
The Committee has been working hard to develop an exciting program for the 29th Annual Cool Topics in Neonatology Conference being held March 3-5, 2023, at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort in San Diego. We encourage you to register early. Links to the full program can be found here: 29th Cool Topics Program or through the CAN website under Annual Conference.
Please contact Tom.Shimotake@ucsf.edu if you would like to become involved with the Conference Planning Subcommittee.
In 2023, we are pleased to feature:
- A keynote address by Dr. Robert Wachter titled: Covid & Scientific Communication: What Did We Learn?
Robert M. Wachter, MD
Robert M. Wachter, MD, is Professor and Chair of the Department of Medicine at UCSF, and has had leadership roles in several fields. He coined the term “hospitalist,” has been an international leader in patient safety, and has been a key influencer in healthcare’s bumpy digital transformation. His tweets on Covid-19 were viewed more than 500 million times by 275,000 followers and served as a trusted source of information on the clinical, public health, and policy issues surrounding the pandemic.
- Digital media resources/podcasts for neonatologists and clinical updates from Dr. Roger Soll
- MIST/LISA and SALSA (LMA surfactant) by Dr. Peter Dargaville and Dr. Kari Roberts
- Pro/Con debate on Cooling Mild HIE with Dr. Terrie Inder and Dr. Sonia Bonifacio
- Multiomics and Machine Learning in the NICU with Dr. Ivana Maric and Dr. Mohan Pammi
- Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Tools in the NICU with Dr. Michael Kuzniewicz
- Neonatal Growth and Nutrition with Dr. Mandy Brown Belfort and Dr. Stephen Barlow
In addition, we are also offering:
- 7 interactive breakout sessions with expert demos and discussions of current interest.
- 2-day Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) workshop by Dr. Jae Kim ($300/$150 trainees)